A Business Unit refers to a division, facility or department of an organization. A Business Unit can perform a number of business functions.
For large agencies, different divisions may operate as separate legal entities that carry out specific functions. In smaller agencies, the units may be broken up into departments.
Find out how to:
Adding and Editing a Business Unit
- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
- On the Configuration screen, click the Company Configuration group to expand it and select Business Units.
- The Business Units screen appears, click the + Add New button to add a new Business Unit.
- Enter the name of the division or department in the Business Unit field, and press the Enter key.
- In the Alt Ref No field, enter a reference number to be used on the Accounting Package for this department (if applicable).
- Optionally enter the Sales GL Acc, Purchase GL Acc and Provision (WIP) GL Acc number that this Business Unit will be posted to in your Accounting Package.
- Optionally select the Agency's Report Banner that will be used to print financial documents on Jobs where this Business Unit will be used.
Optionally select Finance or Production Users that will form part of the workflow distribution list in the Finance Distribution List and Production Distribution List drop downs.The distribution list will be used to consolidate the number of workflows created in order to notify relevant users when a Business Unit they are responsible for is used. This will eliminate recreating the same workflow for each Business Unit. To set up this Workflow please follow this topic: Using Business Unit Distribution Lists in Workflows
- Check the Is Active checkbox to indicate that this is an active Business Unit.
- Save changes made to the screen.
- If you want to edit a Business Unit, click on the applicable row, make your changes and Save.
Deleting a Business Unit
- Click the X Delete button to the right of the row you want to delete.
A warning dialog appears.
Click the Yes button to delete the Business Unit.
Please note that a Business Unit which is in use cannot be deleted.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.