A Booking can be an event, meeting, or appointment that needs to happen on a specific day and time. Bookings created from Microsoft Outlook will appear on a User's Task list if the Calendar To Chase Sync option is enabled. For Bookings to be synced to Chase you need to set up a PA account. For more details on setting up a PA account, see How to configure PA mailbox in Chase. Note that calendar integration only syncs Bookings, not Tasks.
Below are steps to show you how to add Bookings via Outlook.
These steps will differ depending on the mail provider you are using e.g Gmail, FastMail, Yahoo.
With Outlook open, click the New Meeting button.You can also click the New Items button and select Meeting from the list.
On the pop up window, enter the job number and task type in the Title line.
- Job Number and Task Type need to be separated by a dash, space, semicolon, or comma. You can also add the Job Product and Element to the Title line separated by a dash, space, semicolon, or comma, for example, 65, Design, A6 Audi, Flyers Promotion 2018. In Chase, the Job Product and Element will appear in the Task Notes. If the Task type is misspelled, Chase will try to find a matching Task type.
- Internal Task types can be assigned via Outlook by inserting the Internal Task type name in the title line. If your agency does not use calendar integration, a House Job Bag can be used to assign the Internal task to a User.
- If the email Title line contains no Job number or no matching task, no Booking or Task will be created in Chase. It will create a meeting request on the invited User's Outlook.
- If the email Title line contains a matching Job number but no matching task, the system will create a Booking with Appointment as the task.
- If the email Title line contains no Job number, but a matching task, the system will create a task that you can find on the Auto-Fill feature for the assigned User.
- If the email Title line contains a Job number and a matching task, the task will be created as a Booking in Chase.
In the Required field, enter emails of Users to be included in the Booking, and add your company's PA email address.
- The PA email address is unique and specific to each company.
- If the Include as Participant on Incoming Booking is checked on your Chase profile (User Details), you as the organiser of the meeting along with the recipients of this request will be assigned to the same Booking. For more details on this feature, see Setting up Users for Calendar integration.
Select the Start and End Date/Time for the Booking.
The time will not be stored in the Resource Planner but may be used in Outlook. In Chase, you will be able to see the booking Start time, and this time will automatically be calculated to determine the number of allocated hours for the Booking.
The End Time will mark the end of the Booking.
Optionally, enter a Location if required.
The Location field is not relevant to the Resource Planner, but may be used in Outlook.
Click the Send button to add the Booking.
If a location is not specified you will get this message, you can click the Send Anyway button to send this booking without the location.
You will be able to see the booking under the Task/Gantt section of the Resource Planner and Job Bag.
- The assigned User will be able to capture time on this booking when they click the Auto-Fill Time button on the Timesheets screen. For more details on this feature please see Capturing time using Auto-Fill.
- When bookings are created from Outlook, they can be edited in Chase, but any changes to these Bookings will not update the allocated User's calendars. For more details on how to edit Bookings, please see How to edit bookings via Outlook.