You can capture physical items or consumables used to complete Tasks, such as CDs, colour laser printers, paper, etc.
The Work type to capture materials is mainly for timesheet capturers, as time needs to be captured against the material.
Material line items are created as Work types with a different line type. For the Work type to be identified as a material line type and to set up a cost against that line item, the Work type needs to be identified in the set up.
Below are steps to show you how to add material line items.
- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
The Configuration screen appears.
- Click on Worktypes on the Configuration tree.
- Click the + Add New button on the Toolbar.
A New Work Type dialog appears.
- Enter a unique name for the Material Worktype, in the Work Type field.
In this example, Colour proof was entered.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Unit Type field, and select Units.
- Enter a value in the Unit Cost field.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Line Type field, and select Material to identify the line type as a material line item.
- Click the Save button to save the material line item created.
- Check the Internal checkbox against the material line item you just created.
Click the Save button to save the Work type.
If you need to capture time for this material line item, navigate to the Materials tab on the Timesheets screen. Select the Add Material button, and you will find the material line item on the Material drop down list.