Sub Total Work types appear as a subtotal line item. It shows the sum of all items appearing between itself and the top of the Cost Estimate or the preceding subtotal line.
Below are steps to show you how to add a Sub Total Work type.
- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
The Configuration screen appears.
- Click the Worktypes item in the Configuration tree.
The Work Types screen is displayed.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Group Name field, and select the Group to which the Work type belongs.
- Click the + Add New button on the Toolbar.
A New Work Type dialog appears.
- Enter a unique name for the Work type in the Work Type field. This name should indicate the detail this Work type will depict on a CE, and should be a term that will make sense to your agency.
In this example, Sub Total was entered.
Click the drop down arrow on the Line Type field, and select Sub Total.
Once you select Sub Total as a Line Type, all fields become inactive except for the Work Type and Line Type fields.
Click the Save button to save the Work type.
After clicking the Save button you will be redirected back to the Work Types screen. You will notice that the Line Type for this Work type is different from the rest of the Work types.
- Check the Internal checkbox to ensure that this Work type is active.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.