A Supplier is a party that supplies goods or services. A supplier may be distinguished from a contractor, who commonly adds specialized input to deliverables. They are also called vendors.
You need to add Supplier details before you can request for quotes or raise purchase orders. Information about the supplier will appear on reports and all financial documents sent to the supplier.
Here's a visual demonstration for adding a Supplier
Below are steps to show you how to add a Supplier.
To add a new Supplier, click the Add New button on the Ribbon.
The Add New dialog appears.
Under the Main Types section, select the Supplier button and click the Create button.
You can also double-click the Supplier button to open the Supplier Details form.
The Supplier Details screen appears.
Notice the automatically generated Supplier number on the top left of the page. This number can be edited under the More button on the Toolbar.
- Enter the trading name of the Supplier in the Company field.
- Enter the supplier contact details.
- In the Notes field, enter any information you may want to refer back to.
Enter financial details, such as Contra Acc#, Holding Company etc.
Click to Order Number Required checkbox if order number is required for financial documents related to this supplier.This order number will be required on financial documents.
- Enter the supplier's address details in the fields provided.
This address may also be used as the delivery address on Supplier Invoices.
- Enter the contact people in the fields provided.
- Select the Client AE that will be the main contact in your agency.
- Select the Inv. Controller responsible for this supplier's billings.
- Select the default supplier contact with whom your agency will communicate.
In the Payment Terms field, select the default Payment Terms that apply to the Supplier.
This will automatically appear on related financial documents but may be changed as required.
Click the Save button to make the changes permanent.