A Supplier is a party that supplies goods or services. A supplier may be distinguished from a contractor or subcontractor, who commonly adds specialized input to deliverables. They are also called vendors.
You need to add Supplier details before you can request for quotes or raise purchase orders. Information about the supplier will appear on reports and all financial documents sent to the supplier.
Here's a visual demonstration for adding a Supplier
Below are steps to show you how to add a Supplier.
- To add a new Supplier, click the Add New button on the Ribbon.
The Add New dialog appears.
- Under the Main Types section, select the Supplier button.
Click the Create button to open the Supplier Details screen.
You can also double-click the Supplier button to open the Supplier Details form.
The Supplier Details screen appears.
Notice the automatically generated Supplier number on the top left of the page. This number can be edited under the More button on the Toolbar.
- Enter the trading name of the Supplier in the Company field.
In this example, Joe Printers was entered.
- Enter the supplier contact details.
- Enter the Supplier's primary telephone number in the Telephone field.
- In the Fax field enter the Supplier’s fax number.
- Enter the Supplier’s main contact email address in the Email field.
- In the Notes field, enter any information you have about the Supplier.
- Click the drop down arrow in the Type field and select the type of Supplier.
In this example, Production and Media Supplier was selected.
- Enter the Supplier's financial details.
- Specify the Contra Acc# and Holding Company if the supplier has any.
- In the Financial Year End field, enter a financial year end date for reference purposes.
- In the Account Cut Off Day field, select the day of the month by which billings should be submitted for payment. This is not an enforced item; it only serves as a reminder.
Click the Order Number Required checkbox.
This order number will be required on financial documents.
Specify the BBE User Rating by entering the percentage in the User Rating field.
- Enter the Client's address details in the fields provided.
This address may also be used as the delivery address on Supplier Invoices.
- Enter the contact people in the fields provided.
- From the Client AE field, select an employee (User) that will be the main contact in your agency for the Supplier.
- From the Inv. Controller field, select the employee responsible for the billing for this Supplier.
- From the Default Contact field, select the main supplier contact with whom your agency will communicate.
In the Payment Terms field, select the default Payment Terms that apply to the Supplier.
This will automatically appear on related financial documents but may be changed as required.
Click the Save button to make the changes permanent.