You can add and manage Users from Chase Config.
Note that each Chase User has a user license that is paid for by the agency. When adding a new User, it is advisable to make them active Users to avoid paying for a license that is not being used.
Below are steps to show you how to create a new User.
- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
The Configuration screen appears.
Click the Resources group to expand it and select Users.
The Users screen appears.
Some columns may be hidden on your screen. To unhide columns, click on the drop down arrow on any column heading. Expand the Columns option, and check the checkbox next to the column name you want displayed.
- Click the Add New button on the Toolbar.
The New User dialog appears.
- Click the OK button to create the user.
A new editable line is added to the end of the existing list of Users.
- Enter the details of the new user.
- Enter their full name in the User Name field.
- Enter the User's initials in the Initials column. Note that the initials must be unique within the list of Users.
- Enter the User's email address in the Email field. It is to this email address that timesheet reminders and task notifications will be sent, and from which documents will be mailed. Note that this field is compulsory for new Users.
- To indicate that this User is an active User, check the Is Active checkbox. By default, when a new user is created, the Is Active checkbox is always checked.
- Once all mandatory fields have been entered, click the Save button to save the new User information.
- Click the Advanced Edit button against the new User.
The User Details dialog appears.
- Enter the new User details.
- Click on the drop down arrow in the Title/Designation field and select the User's job title.
- Click on the drop down arrow in the Department field and select the User's department.
- Enter the User's office phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Enter the User's cellphone number in the Mobile Number field.
- Enter the User's office fax number in the Fax Number field.
- Click the Calendar button in the Birthday field, and select the User's birthday date.
- Enter an alternate identification for the User, such as their employee number or personal identity number, in the Alt Ref No field.
- Click on the drop down arrow on the User Rights field, and select from a list of available user rights.
- Click on the drop down arrow on the Timesheet Admin field, and select the Timesheet Admin User to whom this User must submit their Timesheets.
- Click on the drop down arrow on the Timesheet Capturer field, and select the user who will capture time for this User. For more details on this field, see how to capture someone else's time and Setting up a Timesheet capturer.
- Check the Show In All Traffic Divisions checkbox to display the User on all Traffic Divisions when planning tasks.
- In the Manager field, enter the name of the User's manager.
- If the User is linked to a supplier, select the supplier from the Linked Supplier field drop down list.
- Click on the drop down arrow in the Timesheet Type field, and select how this User's Timesheets will be administered. For more information on each administrative rule, see Introduction to Users.
- In the Target Hours field, enter the number of Timesheet hours the User is expect to log on a daily basis. If the target hours are not achieved, a Timesheet reminder will be emailed to notify the User that they have not completed their Timesheets. This field is compulsory for Timesheet Users.
- In the Working Hours Per Month field, enter the total number of hours work the User must complete each month.
- If the User has certain skills, click the drop down arrow on the Skill field and select from the list.
- Check the Remember Search checkbox to keep a history of searches performed by this User.
- Click on the Calendar button in the Creation Date field and select the date when the User becomes active on the system. After this date, the User will have access to Chase and will be expected to submit Timesheets. This field is compulsory for Timesheet Users.
- In the Failed Login Count field, enter the maximum number of login attempts allowed before the User is locked out of the system.
- Click on the drop down arrow in the Accounting Export Scope field, and select from a list of export options. This indicates what type of information this User will be allowed to export to the agency's accounting package, if integration is active.
- If the agency uses Active Directory authentication, enter the User's Active Directory username in the Active Directory UserName field.
Click the OK button once all the necessary information is added.
Once you click the OK button you will be redirected to the Users screen. Notice that License Type field is set to Unlicensed. This field will automatically populate when the User's license is activated by Chase support, or if you have rights to assign Licenses to users using the Online Activation option. For more details on activating user licenses, see how to Activate user Licenses.
- Click the Save button on the Toolbar.