An Offset Work type is an internal Work type, in that third party costs are not provided for, but third party costs may be raised against these items. When the CE is billed, no cost provision will be created for the line items containing Offset Work types.
Purchase Orders may be created from Offset Work types where external costs are to be incurred. Such external costs are limited to the sum of all Offset Work types on an approved CE. Offset Work types on supplier invoices will not post to a WIP account, but will be posted to an expense account.
Find out how to:
Adding an Offset Work type
- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
The Configuration screen appears.
- Click the Worktypes item on the Configuration tree.
The Work Types screen appears.
- To add a new Work type, click the + Add New button on the Toolbar.
A New Work Type dialog appears.
- In the Work Type field, enter a unique name for the Offset Work type.
In this example, Cell Phone Costs was entered.
- Click the drop down arrow in the Line Type field, and select Offset.
- Click the Save button to save the new Work type.
The Work type will be listed on the Work Types screen.
Check the Internal checkbox against the Offset Work type.
An Offset Work type may not have any markup applied, therefore the markup checkbox is disabled.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Using an Offset Work type
- Open the CE to which you want to apply the Offset Work type.
- Click the Add Lines button.
An empty line is added to the end of the section.
Click the drop down arrow on the Work Type field, and select Offset Work type.
Internal* appears in the Markup column of the drop down list against all Offset Work types. This will appear in the %Markup column once selected to distinguish Offset Work types from other Work types.
In this example, Cell Phone Costs was selected.
The Create PO button is available against an Offset Work type on the CE. Purchase Orders may be created from Offset Work types where external costs are to be incurred. Such external costs are limited to the sum of all Offset Work types on an approved CE.
- Enter the unit cost for this line item in the @Cost field.
- Click the Save button to save changes made to this Cost Sheet.