Milestone dates focus on major progress points that must be reached to complete the job.
Milestone dates include:
- Open Date - the date on which the Job was created. This date cannot be changed.
- Presentation Date - the date by which the initial presentation for the Job must be made to the Client.
- Material Deadline - the latest date by which creative material must be delivered to a media owner for flighting.
- Production Delivery - the date by which artwork should be ready for reproduction or post production.
- Media Start Date - the date by which media produced for newspaper, magazine, TV or radio will be flighted.
- Finished Date - the Finished Date field will automatically update when the Current Status field is changed to Finished.
- Closed Date - the date on which the Job was closed. This field will automatically update when the Current Status field is changed to Closed.
By default, the milestone dates follow a chronological order which means that once you've selected a date, the next date needs to follow.
The standard date order is as follows:
- Presentation Date - needs to post the Open date of the Job Bag.
- Material Deadline and Production Delivery - these two dates need to be set post the Presentation date, but can be set before or after the other.
- Media Start Date - needs to be set post the Material deadline and/or Production delivery dates.
If your business does not follow the default date order, it can be bypassed by an Administrator from Settings > Global Settings > General > ByPass JobBag Date Order Validation.
Below are steps to show you how to enter milestone dates on the Job Bag.
- If you don't already have the Job Bag open, select the Job Bag you want to edit.
- Click on the Calendar button in the Presentation Date field.
Notice that it shows you a Calendar for the month and date that you are in.
Click the Previous Month button to scroll back to the previous month, or click the Next Month button to display the calendar for the following month.
Alternately, you can click the white drop down arrow to the right of the month to select a month and year.
- To select a date, click any day on which the presentation will take place.
In this example, 18 July was selected.
The date is entered into the Presentation Date field. You can use the calendar in the same way to select the remaining milestone dates.