Here's a visual demonstration for adding new Task types
Below are steps to show you how to add a new Task type.
- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
The Configuration screen appears.
- Click the Task Types item on the tree.
The Task Types screen appears.
- To add a Task type, click the + Add New button.
A new row is added to the end of the list.
- Enter a name for the Task type in the Task Type column.
- To provide a category in which Task types will be grouped on reports, enter a category name in the Category field.
Click the drop down arrow on the Work Type field, and select the Work type to be linked to the Task type.
Linking a Work type to a Task type allows comparison of estimated vs. actual time on reports. This field is not mandatory and can be left blank.
To indicate that tasks of this Task type can be billed to Clients, check the Billable checkbox.
If the Task type cannot be billed, uncheck the checkbox. By default, when you add a new Task type, the Billed checkbox is selected.
- Click the drop down arrow on the TimeSheet Category field, and select the TimeSheet category for this Task type.
In this example, TimeSheet Task was selected.
To indicate that the Task type can be used for tasking immediately after creation, check the Active field checkbox. By default, when a new Task type is created, the Active checkbox is checked.
- The Last User column displays the last User to update this Task type.
- The Hours column displays the default number of hours that will be allocated against this Task type when tasking. The hours can be amended on the Job Bag of a specific Job.
- You can also add notes to the Task type by clicking the Edit Notes button.
- Click the Save button to make your changes permanent.