You can change the order in which fields appear on a specific form depending on the user right in effect. Fields can also be hidden from users with specific access rights.
Below are steps to show you how to adjust a document field order.
- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
The Configuration screen appears.
- Click the Company Configuration group to expand it.
- Click the Translations item.
The Translations screen appears.
- Click the Adjust Field Order tab.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Form field, and select the form you want to change.
In this example, Brief was selected.
- Click the drop down arrow on the User Right field, and select the user right that will be affected by the change.
In this example, G was selected.
Notice that each of the fields shown is grouped into one of two boxes (default setting) with dotted borders. These boxes indicate the column in which the field is displayed on its screen.
- To change the order in which a field appears in a column, drag the field and place it in the new location. Notice that as you drag the field, a line appears between the fields over which the mouse hovers, indicating where the dragged item will be placed once dropped.
In this example, the Budget field was moved to above the Presentation Date field.
To move a field to a new column, drag the field and place it in a new column. You can only have a maximum of 3 columns on any document.
In this example, Document Type and Revert Type were moved to the empty column on the right-hand side.
The Can Edit () button indicates that a field will be editable by a User with the selected user right.
The Can View () button indicates that a field will be visible to a User with the selected user right.
Click on the Can Edit or Can View button to add or remove it from the field.
In this example, the Can Edit button for the Material Deadline and Media Start fields were removed as User's with the user right G are not able to edit these fields.
Changes to this grid are applied immediately on the database. You will be able to see these changes on the related form.