You can specify the Sales or Cost of Sale (COS) account numbers for a Work type. These account numbers are used when exporting sales or purchase transactions to an accounting package. To export a specific Work type within the account package, the Sales and COS account numbers need to be set up per Work type.
If a Work type is created without inserting a specified account number, the default account numbers will be used, and can be found within Config > Export Settings.
Below are steps to show you how to add Sales and Purchase general ledger accounts to a Work type.
- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
The Configuration screen appears.
- Click the Worktypes item from the Configuration tree.
The Work Types screen appears.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Group Name field, and select the Group to which the Work types belong.
- Select the Work type that you want to add a Sales or Cost of Sales account to.
- Enter the account numbers in the Sales Contra Account Number and COS Contract Account Number columns.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.