You can create new internal Work Types and link them to automatically created Task Types. This will align the descriptions of Work Type items on financial documents and Task Types on timesheets. This process eliminates the need to manually create both Work Types and Task Types with matching names.
Find out how to:
Enabling the Automatically Create Linked Task Type for New Work Types feature
- Navigate to Settings and click on the Global Settings item on the Configuration tree.
- On the Global Settings screen, check the Automatically Create Linked Task Type for New Work Types checkbox.
- Save changes made to the screen.
Linking a Task Type to a new Work Type
Ensure that you have enabled the enable feature.
- Navigate to Settings and click the Worktypes item on the Configuration tree.
- On the Work Types screen, click the + Add New button.
On New Work Type dialog, enter a unique name for the Work Type.
Leave the Task Type field empty to create a new Task Type.
Add all the necessary information, and then click the Save button.For more details on each field please see Work Types.
The Link Task Type dialog appears. This prompts you to confirm that a new linked Task Type will be created with a matching name.
Linking Task Types will only apply when the Line Type is set to the default value of Normal. For any other Line Type, you will not be prompted to create a linked Task Type.
- To create the Task Type and link it to the Work Type, click the OK button.
The new Work Type line and its matching linked Task Type line will be created.
- Check the Internal checkbox against the relevant Work Type to ensure that this Work type and Task Type are active.
Save changes made to the screen.
Ensure that the Billed checkbox for the new Task Type is checked, and the TimeSheet Category value is set to Time Sheet Task.