The Bill For Time functionality allows you to bill for time spent on a Job.
Before using this functionality ensure that all Task types are linked to Work types, as you will need to pull all relevant information on this task.
Below are steps to show you how to Bill for time from the Job Bag.
- Open the Job bag that you want to bill time on.
- Click the Shortcut Menu button on the Toolbar.
Select Bill for Time from the list of options that appear.
The Bill For Time spent on Job dialog appears.
Notice that all Task types on the Job Bag are pulling through. The Colour Proof Task type does not show any cost or time to be billed for. This simply means that this Task type is not assigned (linked) to a Work type. It is advisable to link all Task types to Work types before using this functionality.
You are also able to see who and how many people worked on this item by clicking the expand button next to the Task type.
- Uncheck the Create as Draft checkbox to allow the Invoice to be actioned immediately after creation. You will tick the checkbox if you want to edit the invoice after creation.
- To create the Invoice, click the Create button.
The Tax Invoice screen is opened from where you can complete the document.
- If you created the Tax Invoice with a status of Draft, check the document to ensure the details are captured correctly.
- Enter details about this Invoice in the Details field.
In this example, Billing for time spent on this Job was entered.
In the Billed field, Chase inserts the date on which the Tax Invoice is created. To select a different billing date, click the Calendar button and select the desired date from the Calendar window that pops up.
The Payment Date field displays the date on which payment is due based on the credit terms granted to the Client.
- Enter the order number, if one was provided to you, in the Order No field.
Notice that the CE No field is empty which means that this document is not linked to any document.
Click the drop down arrow on the Terms field and select the credit terms by which the payment due date will be calculated.
If credit terms have been defined in the Client's record, these will be automatically selected.
If the document has a status of Draft, click the drop down arrow on the Status field and select Issued.
Notice that once you change the status of the document some fields become inactive, and you are unable to edit them.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.