You would change the client on the CE if the CE was created for the incorrect client. You would also change it if all documents raised under a Job are correct, but the client is not correct.
In cases where a CE was created under the wrong client or Job Bag, you can move the CE to the correct job bag.
If the client allocated to the Job/CE is incorrect, you can change the client on the job bag. This will update the CE accordingly.
Depending on the system setup, you might not be able to change the client on a CE if there are financial documents related to this CE. If the CE has been billed, you will notice that relevant fields on the job bag cannot be edited. In cases where a CE has been billed, you need to credit the invoice in full before you can change the client on the job bag.
Below are steps to show you how to change the client on the CE.
- Open the cost sheet you want to edit.
- Click the job button in the GoTo field.
This will open the Job Bag.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Client field, and select the client you want to change to.
In this example, Trish Beauty Spa – Heidelberg was selected.
The Change Client dialog appears.
Click the Yes button.
Notice that once the client is changed the Product field becomes empty.
- Click the Product field and select from a list of products associated with the Client.
- Make all the necessary changes to the job and then click the Save button on the Toolbar.