You can use the Financial Document Status wizard to change the status of financial documents. For example:
- You can change the status of Approved Cost Estimates to Cancelled for a specific client.
- You can also change the status of documents on a particular job by specifying a Job Number.
- You can change the status on documents issued during a specific time period, for example, change the status from Checked to Cancelled for all POs issued between March and September.
Below are steps to show you how to change the status of multiple financial documents.
- Click the Wizards button on the Ribbon.
The Select a Chase Wizard to begin dialog appears. Click on the Financial Document Status section.
The Bulk Financial Documents Status Change Wizard dialog appears.
The Common Task field contains a list of filters defining status changes for specific documents. Selecting a Common Task automatically populates the Document Type and New Status fields.
You can also Save a selected filter, which will make it available as a Common Task the next time you open the wizard.
Click the Document Type field and select the financial document you want to edit.
This is a mandatory field and needs to be completed.
- Select the Current Status of the financial documents you want to update.
- Select the New Status to which you want to change the financial documents.
- Optionally select a range of billed dates to filter for and click the Next button.
- In this example, All CEs in the selected Draft status are displayed. Click the checkbox to the left of the documents you want to update.
- Once satisfied with your selection, click the Next button to continue.
Ensure that you have updated the correct documents and click the Finish button.
Click the Close button.
A green check mark next to a CE means that the process was successful.
A red X mark next to a CE means that the process was unsuccessful. If you hover over the X mark you will be able to view details about the issue.
Ensure all selected financial document statuses have been updated accordingly.