An expense claim is a collection of receipts from personal spending (petty cash) that needs to be reimbursed by the business. Each department in the agency can have one employee who is set up to capture the expense claims that will be submitted for review and approval by Finance. This employee must be given the appropriate rights before they can capture expense claims. To do this, Admin or a user with appropriate rights needs to create the employee as a supplier.
When creating a Supplier, you should note the following on the Supplier Details document:
- The default % tax for the supplier should be populated with 0%, as the User will not be paying VAT on these transactions.
- The accounting system which the agency uses will not be affected by this.
- Admin must link the employee to the Supplier. If they are not linked, the Expense Claim document will be inactive.
Below are steps to show you how to create an employee as a Supplier.
- Click the Add New button on the Ribbon.
The Add New dialog appears.
Under the Main Types section, select the Supplier button.
You can also double-click the Supplier button to open the Supplier Details form.
- Click the Create button.
The Supplier Details screen appears.
- Enter the trading name of the Supplier in the Company field.
- Enter the default sales tax rate for the agency's region in the Default % Tax field.
In this example, the default % tax for the supplier should be populated with 0%, as the employee will not be paying VAT on these transactions.
- Enter the remaining relevant fields.
- Click the Save button to save changes made to the Supplier Details screen.
Click the Linked Users tab to link the employee to the supplier.
You can also link an employee to a supplier in Settings > Chase Config > Resources > Users > Advanced edit > Linked Supplier.
- Click the Add User button.
A new line is added.
- Enter the name of the employee in the User Name field.
In this example, Mark Jackson was selected from the drop down list.
Click the Save button to save the changes.
The employee is now linked to this Supplier. To create an Expense Claim please see Capturing an Expense Claim.