The CRM Opportunity allows Sales rep and Sales manager to track all prospects generated for the business, including who the sales reps is for each one, the time it takes for a prospect to become a proposal, how many proposals get accepted, and the status on each opportunity.
Below are steps to show you how to add new opportunities.
- With the user who wants to add an Opportunity logged in, click the Opportunity button on the Main Menu
- The Opportunities window appears. To add a new button, click the + Add New button on the floating toolbar
- The Add Opportunity pop-up window appears. In the Company field enter the company name to be associated with the opportunity.
For this example, enter Telkom Mobile as the company name
- In the Description field enter description to use for the opportunity.
For this example, type Billboards
- In the Contact field enter the contact person you will be dealing with from that company.
For this example, type M Simpson
- In the Contact Number field enter the contact number for the opportunity.
For this example, enter 083 758 4562
- Notice that the Date Added field shows the date the opportunity was created. In the Target Date field select the target closing date.
For this example, click the Target Date field Calendar button and select the 23 June 2017
- In the Status field select the current status of the opportunity.
For this example, click the Status field drop down and select Proposal
- In the Probability field select the percentage probability for the likelihood of closing the opportunity. For this example, leave the field as is.
In the Cost Price field enter the cost to company of sale. For this example, enter 15000
- In the Sale Value field enter the estimate amount for the opportunity.
For this example, enter 45000 as the estimate
- In the Assigned To field select the user to assign this opportunity to by default the user who creates the opportunity will be assigned to the opportunity.
Click the Assigned To field drop down and select Adam from the list
- In the Client Parent Company field enter the holding company for the new client.
For this example, enter Telkom South Africa Ltd.
In the FY Est Revenue field enter the estimated rand revenue if won in the current fiscal (full year).
For this example, enter 540000 full year estimated revenue
- In the FY Annualised Revenue field enter a 12-month figure. This field must be equal to or greater than Full Years Estimated Revenue.
For this example, enter 540000 as the 12-month figure
- In the Industry field enter the prospective client industry. To configure a list of industry go to Settings - Lookup Codes - Industry.
Click the Industry field drop down and select Telecommunications from the list
- In the Last Action field enter notes about the status of the latest activity on the opportunity.
For this example, enter Client has requested a proposal to be presented to management which needs to be sent out prior to next meeting
- Notice that once you enter status notes on the Last Action field the Last Action Date field populates with the date that the Last Action field was updated.
To upload external documents, click the Upload File(s) button
- The Document Upload window appears. Select the files to upload or drag and drop files.
Click inside the white space written Select the files to upload or drag and drop files to upload a file
- The Windows Explore window appears. Navigate and locate the document you want to upload.
For this example, we have select the Telkom Mobile Proposal" document. Click the "Open" button to upload this document
- The selected file will appear in the Document Upload window. Click the "Upload" button to upload document in to Chase
- Notice that the file was uploaded successfully. In the Notes field enter any additional notes about this opportunity. For this example, leave the field as is.
Click the "Save" button to save the opportunity
- The new added opportunity appears on the Opportunity window. Click the "Save" button on the floating toolbar to make changes permanent