In Chase, a budget can be defined as a plan for the agencies outgoing expenses and incoming revenues for a specific time period.
The purpose of budgeting is to ensure that spending follows a plan, stays within preset limits, and does not exceed available funds. The problem with ordering above the CE budget can be avoided with a credible, reliable, and accurate cost estimate. In Chase you are able to order above the CE, however, there are production rights which control this.
In Chase Config > Lookup codes > Production Rights, you may find that the only person who can order more than what you estimated is a Finance User or Administrator.
Below are steps to show you how to order above the CE budget.
- Open the Cost Sheet that you want to raise a PO for.
- Click the Shortcut Menu drop down, and select Purchase Order.
The Create Purchase Order dialog opens.
- Click the drop down arrow in the first field, and select how these items will be ordered.
- Enter the amount you want to order in the To Be Ordered column against the relevant line item.
- Click the Create button to order above the CE budget.
The Purchase Order screen is opened for you to complete the document.
- Enter the remaining information to complete the PO, and send it to the supplier.
See Adding a PO for more information.