When printing reports, you can view them on screen and export them into many different formats. In addition, you can also email reports to anyone, as long as you know the recipient’s email address.
In this help topic, we will show you how to:
Print/Preview a report
- Navigate to Reports and find the report that you want to view.
Select all your report filters on the Reporting screen.
You can also change the view of your report by clicking the View Format drop-down to select from a list of available options. For more details, click the link below.Report View Format
The View Format Options include the following:
- CSV - ideal for importing into another data set. The report opens in an application that is associated with the CSV file type
- HTML - should the design of the report need changing. Please note this will not change the system layout.
- PDF - default option - best for sending out to clients/suppliers as the reports are designed to display as PDF and editing of the document is not possible
- RTF - should the report require work within an MS Word type environment
- XLS - great way to view list reports that require further editing. Viewing a report in this format will automatically download it as an MS Excel spreadsheet that is editable.
- Click the View Report button
- A new window will open on your browser. To print this report, click on the Printer icon
- If the report is missing information, simply close this window, modify the report filters and rerun the report
Email a report
- With your report open, click the "Email Report" button
If you are emailing a contact that uses Chase, use the "To (Employee)" field drop down select the contact to send to.
In the "To (Other)" field enter the name of a person that does not use Chase. For this example, we are going to send the email to "email@example.com" as is the contact person on the client's side