Sub tasks are tasks that have been grouped under one Task type.
In the steps that follow, a Task type with 3 sub tasks is added.
Below are steps to show you how to use sub tasks.
- With your Job Bag open, click the Add button on the Tasks section.
A new line is added.
Click the drop down arrow on the Task Type field, and select the relevant task.
Select a Task type that has sub tasks grouped to it. All grouped Task types have the text (Sub Tasks) added to them.
In this example, Art Direction (Sub Tasks) was selected.
The Task type is added, along with the grouped sub tasks.
You will not be able to edit the main Task type, however you can edit and assign Users to the sub tasks.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Assigned To field against the relevant Sub task, and select the User required to work on the task.
In this example, Mark Jackson was selected against the Art Direction (Quality Assurance) sub task.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Start Date field and select the date on which the Task must start.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Due Date field and select the date the Task is due.
In the Allocated Hours field, enter the number of hours allocated for the Task to be completed.
If you want to link a brief to this task, click the Brief link icon on the line.
- Make all the necessary changes, and click the Save button