You can capture a Supplier Invoice from:
- a PO
Creating a Supplier Invoice from a PO links these two documents together. This allows for accurate reporting and tracking of what you have ordered from suppliers, compared to the actual costs incurred.
- the Add New button
Creating a Supplier Invoice from a job using the Add New button will create an Invoice that is not related to any other document. This is not ideal if you need accurate reporting and tracking of what you have ordered from suppliers, compared to the actual costs incurred.
Find out how to:
Open the Job Bag from which the Supplier Invoice will be created.Capturing a Supplier Invoice from a PO
Here's a visual demonstration for creating a Supplier Invoice from a PO
Capturing a Supplier Invoice from the Add New button
With the PO from which you want to capture a Supplier Invoice open, click the Shortcut Menu on the Toolbar and select Supplier Invoice.
On the Create Supplier Invoice dialog, click on the drop down arrow on the first field, and select from a list of capture options.
By default, new Supplier Invoices are created with billing option Capture the Full / Outstanding Value of the Purchase Order.
The Agency Fee % field populates by default, but only applies to a Supplier Invoice relating to contractors, where the personal income tax portion (PAYE) needs to be split from the main cost.
Enter the Supplier's invoice number in the InvNo field. This field is mandatory.
- Click the Calendar button on the Date field and select the date which appears on the invoice from your supplier.
- Confirm the items to be captured on the Supplier Invoice, and uncheck items not to be captured.
Confirm or edit the amount to be captured.The remaining columns provide information helpful to check the accuracy of the input, such as how much has been invoiced to date.
- If the Create as Draft checkbox is selected, the Supplier Invoice will be created with a Draft status and you will be able to edit it. In the example below, the Invoice was added in a Captured status.
Click the Create button.
The Supplier Invoice screen is opened in a Captured status to restrict editing. To edit the invoice, change the status to Draft. Please note that this depends on the integrated accounting package, and you may not change the status from Captured if the document has already been exported.
The Supplier Invoice will be created. If the Create as Draft checkbox was selected, you will be able to edit the Supplier Invoice.
Here's a visual demonstration for creating a Supplier Invoice from the Add New button
- Click the Add New button on the Ribbon.
- Under the Document Types section, select the Supplier Invoice button.
On the Required Information dialog, enter the date that appears on the Invoice received from the Supplier in the Billed Date field.
Enter the invoice number in the Supplier Document No field and click the Submit button.
To complete this process follow on from step 2 below.
- Select the name of the Supplier and the Supplier contact person.
- Enter the Supplier's Quote No, if one was provided and any Details about the invoice.
Optionally add Work types that the agency is being billed for and their relevant costs by clicking the Add Line button.This option is only relevant if the PO was added from the Add New button and not on a PO.
- Once satisfied with all details, change the Status of the document to Captured.
- Click the Save button on the Toolbar to save all your changes.