- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
The Configuration screen appears.
- Click on Workflow Setup in the Configuration tree.
The Workflow Setup screen appears.
- Click the + (Add New) button on the Toolbar.
The Set up new / edit existing workflow dialog appears.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Applies to field, and select Expense.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Trigger field, and select Status Changed.
- Define the action the workflow must take in response to the trigger.
Click the drop down arrow on the When From Value is equal to field, and selectDraft.
Info The Any Other option will allow to edit and resubmit the expense claim when it has been declined. If any other options are selected, the expense claim submitter will not be allowed to re-submit for approval.
- Click the drop down arrow in the When To Value is equal to field, and select Any Other Approve.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Action Type field, and select Needs Action. This means that when a User submits an Expense Claim, a workflow will be kicked off and an action needs to be performed.
- Click the Participants tab to select the Users who need to take action on the expense claim.
- Click the + (Add New) button.
A new line is added.
Click the drop down arrow on the Respondent field, and select the relevant User.
In this example, Francine was selected.
By default, the Action field displays Approve / Decline as the action to be taken by the selected User.
- Check the Required checkbox.
- Click the Create button.
The Expense Claim Workflow appears on the Workflow Setup screen, and it will be kicked off once an Expense Claim is submitted.