An An expense claim is is a collection of receipts from personal spending (petty cash) that spending that needs to be reimbursed by the business. Each department in the agency can have one employee who is Employees can set up to capture the expense claims that will be submitted for review and approval by Finance. This employee They must be given the appropriate rights before they can capture expense claims. To do this, Admin or a user with appropriate rights needs to create the employee as a supplier.
- The default % tax for the supplier should be populated with 0%, as the User will not be paying VAT on these transactions.The accounting system which the agency uses will not be affected by this.as there isn't a VAT transaction when reimbursing the employee
- Admin must link the employee to the Supplier. If they are not linked, the the employee will be unable to create an Expense Claim document will be inactive.
Below are steps to show you how to create an employee as a Supplier.
- Click the the Add New button on the Ribbon.
The Add New dialog appears.
Under the On the Add New dialog under the Main Types section, select the the Supplier button and click the Create button.
You can also double-click the Supplier button to open the Supplier Details form.
Click the Create button.
The Supplier Details screen appears.
Enter the trading name of the Supplier in the Company field.
Enter the default sales tax rate for the agency's region in the Default % Tax field.
In this example, the default % tax for the supplier should be populated with 0%, as the employee will not be paying VAT on these transactions.
Enter the remaining relevant fields.
Click the Save button to save changes made to the Supplier Details screen.
On the Supplier Details screen, enter a description in the Company field.
Info We recommend a single Expenses supplier which is linked to all required employees. An alternate approach is to create a supplier per employee.
- Enter 0% in the Default % Tax field as there isn't a VAT transaction when reimbursing the employee.
- Enter the remaining relevant fields and click the Save button.
Select the Linked Users tab to link the employee to the supplier and click the Add User button.Click the Add User button.
You can also link an employee to a supplier in Settings > Chase Config > Resources > Users > Advanced edit > Linked Supplier.
A new line is added.
Select the name of the employee inthe User Name field.
In this example, Mark Jackson was selected from the drop down list.
Click the Save button to save the changes.
the User Name field and click the Save button.
The employee is now linked to this Supplier. To create an Expense Claim please see Capturing an Expense Claim.