- In the Configuration tree, click Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
The Configuration screen appears.
- Click the Company Configuration group to expand it, and then select Company Details.
The Company Details screen appears.
- Click the Company Settings tab, and check the Enable Cost Forecast on CE Line Level checkbox.
Click the Save button to save your changes.
The Forecast Column will now be enabled on CEs.
The Cost Forecast column will be hidden by default on the CE. To unhide this column, click on the column list drop down button on the CE and check the Cost Forecast checkbox.
- Click the Cost Forecast Edit button on the line item that you want to calculate the Cost Forecast for.
In this example, the Cost Forecast Edit button was selected against the Casting Director line item.
The Cost Forecast dialog appears.
- Enter the Cost Forecast value in the field.
- Click the OK button.
- Once satisfied with changes made to the Cost Sheet, click the Save button.
To calculate the Margin Variance, navigate to the Margin Variance column on the CE, from where you can see the values.
To unhide the Margin Variance column, click on the column heading drop down button and check the Margin Variance checkbox.
Margin Variance when Cost Forecast is enabled
When a Supplier Invoice has been captured against a line item, the Margin Variance field will populate a calculated value of Cost minus Actual Cost and minus the Cost Forecast.
Margin Variance when Cost Forecast is disabled
When a Supplier Invoice has been captured against a line item, the Margin Variance field will populate a calculated value of the difference between Cost and Actual Cost.