- from the Tasks screen, a dependency can be created by clicking the Link Dependencies button.
- on the Gantt screen, a dependency can be created by holding by holding and dragging the red line from one bar to another (in , from the middle of the bar), to another.
Below are steps to show you how to link dependencies to a Task.
- Open the Job Bag on which you want to link task dependencies.
- Click the With the Job you want to edit open, click the Link Dependencies button against the line that you want to create a dependency for.
In this example, the Brief Writing task will only be done once the predecessor task is complete.
A Select dependant tasks for dialog appears. In this example a Select dependant tasks for Brief WritingMotion Design appears for the line selected.
Select the predecessor task that you want the selected task to depend on.
When a predecessor's task dates are changed, the dependent's task dates should change respectively, i.e. if the finish date for task 1 is delayed by 2 days, the start date for task 2 will be delayed by 2 days. This is based on a dependency relationship of Finish to Start (the second task can only start when the first task is complete) and can be done with a one to many relationship.
Dependencies can be included and stored in templates as well.
In this example, Brainstorm/briefing Design; DTP was Design Review was made a predecessor of Brief WritingMotion Design.
- Once satisfied with your selection, click the the OK button.
- Hover over the the Link button button against the task to view which tasks are predecessors and which tasks are dependencies for that task.
|Content by Label|