Below are steps to show you how to set up a Work type rate for different Groups.
- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
- Click the Worktypes item on the Configuration tree.
The Work Types screen appears.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Group Name field, and select a Group to work with.
In this example, Car Dealership was selected.
Once the Group Name is selected, the table of Work Types will refresh to show the list of available Work types for that Group.
- Check the Internal checkbox, or check one of the numbered markup percentage checkboxes, to make a Work type active within the selected Group.
In this example, Internal was checked for AAA Clearance ext.
- Enter a default unit cost that initially appears in line items of this Work type in the Unit Cost field. This can be changed on the actual document unless restricted.
- Once you are satisfied with changes made to this Group, click the Save button to make your changes permanent.
- To set rates for a different Group using the same Work type, click the drop down arrow on the Group Name field and select the Group.
In this example, Banking Group was selected.
Once the Group Name is selected, the table of Work Types will refresh to show the list of Work Types for that Group.
Notice that the AAA Clearance ext Unit Cost is not affected by the rate set - up in the Car Dealership Group.
- To set a different rate for the Work type, enter a rate in the Unit Cost field.
In this example, 280 was entered for AAA Clearance ext.
- Once all changes are made to this screen, click the Save button to make your changes permanent.