- Click the Settings button on the Ribbon.
The Configuration screen appears.
- Click the Worktypes item on the Configuration tree.
The Work Types screen appears.
- Click the + (Add New) button.
A New Work Type dialog appears.
Enter a unique name for the Work type, in the Work Type field.
In this example, Copy Writing was entered.
Leave the Task Type field empty to create a new Task type.
- Enter a category name under which this Work type will be grouped in reports, in the Category field.
In this example, Production was selected.
Add all the necessary information, and then click the Save button.
For more details on each field please see Task Types and Work Types.
The Link Task Type dialog appears. This prompts you to confirm that a new linked Task type will be created with a matching name.
Linking Task types will only apply when the Line Type is set to the default value of Normal. For any other Line Type, it will not be necessary to create a linked Task type.
- To create the Task type and link it to the Work type, click the OK button.
The new Work type record and its matching linked Task type record will be created.
- Check the Internal checkbox against the relevant Work type to ensure that this Work type and Task type are active.
Click the Save button to make your changes permanent.
Ensure that the Billed checkbox for the new Task type is checked, and the TimeSheet Category value is set to Time Sheet Task.