The Child and Parent Job feature lets you attach several related jobs to a parent job.
This is created in cases where multiple jobs are created at the same time. You can capture your budget and costs against the parent job, but manage time worked on child jobs.
The only prerequisite is to ensure both the parent and the child jobs belong to the same client account. You will be able to quickly see the number of child bags linked to the main Job Bag and report on how the entire project is progressing.
Below are steps to show you how to link a Child Job Bag to a Parent Job Bag.
- Open the Child Job that you want to link to a Parent Job.
In this example, Job Bag 13 has been opened.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Parent Job field.
A list of all Jobs available on the system will appear.
- Select a Job that is of the same client.
In this example, Job 2 - TV AD for Gelish Nails - Draft - Nail Promotion was selected.
A Confirm dialog appears.
- Click Yes to confirm the link.
Notice that Job 13 now shows that it has been made a child of another Job in the Parent Job field.
- Click the Save button to save changes made to the Job Bag.
- Open the parent job from where you can view all child jobs for this Job.
In this example, the parent job is Job 2.